Monday 3 September 2012

Man Caught with Cocaine inside roasted chicken

Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the weekend arrested a man suspected to be in possession of 2.655 kilogrammes of cocaine hidden inside roasted chicken.

According to the agency the arrest was made at the Murtala Muhammed international airport in Lagos during the inward clearance of passengers on a Turkish Airline flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
NDLEA put the street value of the seized drug at about N24 million.



The NDLEA Airport Commander, Hamza Umar who gave the name of the suspect as Vincent Chegini Chinweuwa described the seizure as remarkable.

“We discovered 2.655kg of cocaine hidden inside roasted chicken. It is a remarkable seizure because no one would have imagined cocaine worth several millions inside roasted chicken,” Mr Hamza said.

“During interrogation, the suspect said he thought that the drug will not be detected. In his words,” NDLEA said.

According to the agency, the suspect said: “It took me three days to pack the cocaine inside the roasted chicken. I was confident that the drug will not be detected. I have been living in Brazil since 2006. Life has been stressful because I cannot even visit my wife in Nigeria due to lack of money. I wanted some money to start any business of my choice back home. Unfortunately, I was disappointed upon arrival in Lagos”.

The agency’s spokesperson, Mitchell Ofoyeju said the suspect who hails from Imo State will soon be charged to court soon.

No comments: