Thursday 6 December 2012

Story of A Woman Who Ate Herself To Death

          Change: 'I used to be skinny but after my first baby I got so big'Tragic: Dominique, from Miami, Florida, sadly passed away in March 2012 and had been virtually housebound for almost two decades
The story of a 625lb mother-of-six who died as a result of her weight is documented in a new TLC show.
Dominique Lanoise, 40, from Miami, Florida, was virtually housebound for almost two decades with her daughters washing, feeding and caring for her.
She died in March, after being given less than a year to live by doctor's who had been waiting to give her potentially life-saving stomach surgery.
  
Lanoise, born in Haiti, started gaining weight aged 16, following the birth of her first daughter, Witelane.
'I used to be skinny but after I had my first baby I got so big.' she said.

As her weight skyrocketed to more than 600 lbs, she spent her days sitting in bed wrapped in sheets as she couldn't find clothes to fit.
She first came to the media's attention in 2010 when she was forced to stay in Haiti for three months after the earthquake, because she was too heavy for commercial airlines. See more photos

 
                   Food addiction: Doctors said at 625lb Dominique Lanoise would have less than a year to live  
                   Documented: Dominque's struggles to lose weight were documented in a new TLC show 600lb Mom: Race Against Time  
                  
 Dominique, who weighed 500 pounds (226 kg), in her provisional home in Boca ChicaChange: 'I used to be skinny but after my first baby I got so big' Dominique Lanoise